General’s Charcoal Drawing / Sketching Pencils are a very easy charcoal pencil to find in your local art store. Here is both the good and the bad of General’s Charcoal drawing pencils.
- It comes in many different variations like 2b, 3b, 4b, 5b, 6b and soft / hard pencil variations. You can find the right darkness that you need for your drawing.
- When sharpening or shaving your pencil the charcoal will not break easy even on the soft pencil. Other or cheaper pencils will snap easy while sharpening.
- The charcoal in the pencil while drawing / sketching goes down very smoothly and creates unique drawing effects.
- Lots of people use this drawing / sketching pencil and your drawings will look the same as other drawers / sketchers.
- It works well for sketching but other pencils / charcoal would probably be better if you wanted to make a completed piece of artwork.
In conclusion, General’s Charcoal Pencils are a very good and cheap way to make a professional and complete looking drawing / sketch and great for figure drawing class and plein air drawing.