How to clean oil paint off of paint brushes:
- First wipe off any left over oil paint onto a rag or paper towel to get rid of most of the oil paint off the brush.
- Next, dip it in odorless mineral spirits or turpentine to get rid of even more oil paint off the brush and wipe it off on a rag or paper towel.
- Now find a bar of soap and run it under water and run the brush across it back and forth to make it soapy. Rinse the brush off in the sink and with the help of the soap the oil paint should come out of the brush.
- You can now use shampoo on the oil painting brush to give it a slicked back mullet to the paint bristles.
- Finally let the brush dry going downwards so the oil paint does not go into the ferrule and the crimp.
Cleaning paint off oil painting brushes can be a long process but it will keep the painting brushes new and clean.